So it's the last weekend before school starts. I'm through with my yearly summer island hopping (which was cut short, no thanks to that partypooper Dindo); logged enough tv time to make even the most ardent couch potato proud ; spent quality time with my family to the point that we've become quite sick of each other and the insect bites and jellyfish stings on my arms and legs have swelled down into the most unflattering specks of brown (Note: the Godiva anti-jellyfish sting sunblock is the biggest rip-off of the season. I know of four people, including myself, who bought it but still got stung). Yup, I think I've had enough of summer. It's time to pack the swimwear and the flip-flops and air out the jackets and boots (oooh...boots! hehehehe).
Of course, I have a sneaking suspicion that less than a month into the schoolyear, I'll be retracting the above paragraph and praying for the next long vacation to harken. But as of the moment, I more than welcome the respite that school will bring. Sure.
Back to school list
1. multivitamins- kasi bawal magkasakit sa law school
2. school supplies- one of the few fun things in studying. Somehow, studying seems so much more enjoyable when you're faced with not one, but SEVEN different colored highlighters! (hi joan and juno!)
3. sense of humor- the most important sense, as one beauty contestant masquerading as a rocket scientist proclaimed.
4. a big slice of humble pie- pride? what pride?
5. happy thoughts/memories- things you can look back on when things look grim and dreary (read: midterms)
6. ice cream- mmmm....chocolate....
So there, I'm prepping myself up for the upcoming Malcolm onslaught. But before I succumb to the inevitable, I'm going out for one more gimik with the gang. As hot momma Ella said "Lubos-lubusin mo na ang saya before school starts", because come June 7, 2004, a dark cloud will once again loom over the entire Malcolm-dom and it's subjects will once again be reduced to their automated states.